Key Stage 4 Course Information Page
Course Name : GCSE French (Edexcel)
What is the qualification?
One full GCSE awarded at grades 9 – 1.
What will I be doing on the course? How will it be structured?
Throughout this two year course you will be completing a variety of listening, speaking, reading and writing activities. The topic areas studied are: • Identity and culture
• Local area, holidays, and travel
• Future aspirations, study, and work
• International and global dimensions
All four examinations will be completed at the end of Year 11 The course is weighted as follows:
• Listening examination 25% of final grade
• Reading examination 25% of final grade
• Speaking examination 25% of final grade
• Writing examination 25% of final grade
The table below indicates the school terms in which the assessments will take place:
|Autumn Term||Spring Term||Summer Term|
What skills do I need to develop to be successful at this course?
In order to be successful in this course you will need to develop your level of proficiency in each skill.
What could I use this qualification for?
Entrance to many further education institutions is often dependent on students possessing a GCSE in a MFL. There are a variety of careers on offer to those who have studied languages.